TWO men from Oldham have received jail sentences totalling 21 years following a raid on a “safe house” in Greater Manchester where a Uzi sub machine gun and 2.5kg of cocaine were found.

They were part of a five-man gang who were the subject of an investigation into the supply of drugs and firearms in Manchester, tagged Operation Reagan.

At Manchester Crown Court, Crown Square, Jordan Clements, aged 27, of Byron Terrace, Failsworth pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine, heroin and MDMA, possession of a prohibited weapon and possession of criminal property and sentenced to a total of 15 years in prison.

Mohammed Sarwar, also 27, of Perth Avenue, Chadderton pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine, heroin and MDMA and sentenced to six years and nine months in prison.

The operation identified five key players in the group who were responsible for supplying class A drugs, and a safe house used by the group in Whitefield, near Bury, was put under police surveillance.

In June 2018, Sarwar was observed leaving the safe house and placing packaging into a wheelie bin in Prestwich.

This was recovered by police and found to be empty packaging consistent with bulk amount cocaine wrapping.

Later that month, Clements was also seen depositing empty packaging in a public waste bin, and when recovered the packaging contained traces of cocaine.

In July 2018, officers executed a warrant at the group’s "safe house" in Whitefield. In a cupboard under the stairs, officers discovered 2.5 kilos of cocaine, half a kilo of crack cocaine, 860g heroin and 861g of MDMA. Drug paraphernalia relating to drug supply was also found in the house.

Hidden inside a bag in the downstairs cupboard was an Uzi sub machine gun and ammunition. A forensic examination later identified DNA from Clements on the gun.

The group were arrested for their involvement in the conspiracy in September 2019. In Frost and Lee’s flat, officers found 0.25kg of cocaine, £34,000 in cash and a cash counting machine. In Marcel Madden’s home address half a kilo of MDMA was recovered.

Anthony Frost, aged 27, of Silsden Walk, Salford pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine, money laundering and failure to supply a phone pin to police and sentenced to eight years and four months in prison.

Nathan Lee, aged 31, of Lawton Moor Road, Wythenshawe pleaded guilty to conspiracy to supply cocaine and sentenced to six years and nine months in prison.

Marcel Madden, aged 25, of Weybridge Road, Manchester pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply MDMA and sentenced to four years and three months.

Detective inspector Lee Griffin of GMP’s serious and organised crime group, said: “During the course of the investigation the group were observed and the key players responsible for conspiring to bring multiple kilos of cocaine, heroin and MDMA to the streets of Manchester were soon identified.

“Drugs are destructive and blight our communities, and as a result of this operation these men are now behind bars where they should be.

“If you have any information about this type of criminality in your community then come forward to police so that we can tackle this issue and make our streets a safer place to be.”