FIREFIGHTERS tackled a fire at a chippy in Shaw last week.

Three fire engines were sent to a premises on Market Street at around 9.40am on Thursday after a blaze involving a deep fat fryer broke out.

Crews entered the building and extinguished the flames.

No-one was reported to have been injured.

A fire service spokeswoman said: “At 9.42am on Thursday, April 1, three fire engines from Hollins, Chadderton and Oldham stations were called to a fire in a commercial property on Market Street in Shaw.

“The fire involved a deep fat fryer.

"Firefighters used two breathing apparatus and a positive pressure ventilation fan to extinguish the fire.

"Crews were at the scene for approximately an hour.”