Avro won their third successive game in pre-season as they beat Cymru North side Llandudno FC 3-2.

The game began fairly evenly with both sides creating numerous chances, but then Avro took the game by the scruff of the neck and began to dominate, Danny Byrnes being involved in most chances, one seeing him receiving a ball over the top but just failing to control it.

However, Llandudno then scored just before the half-hour mark, against the run of play, with a chipped effort from Gareth Evans.

Avro responded well to going a goal down and began to shore up defensively, and just before half-time they got their equaliser thanks to Oumar Camara. Liam Ellis played him through before he put his laces through the ball and thumped it into the bottom corner.

Llandudno kicked off and almost immediately restored their lead but Jordan Latham made a key save.

The half-time whistle blew and both teams went in feeling confident they could win the game in the second half.

Llandudno started the second half as the better team, nearly adding to the scoreline on a few occasions and winning successive free-kicks in dangerous positions, but Avro held firm and denied Llandudno the goal they were craving.

The game then began to turn a little bit aggressive, with both teams desperate to get their noses in front.

Shortly afterwards, Llandudno got their second goal thanks to a curled effort by Shaun Cavanagh to the keeper’s left.

Avro quickly responded, Jack Tuohy getting his shot off, hitting the bar, before it fell to Ellis to tap in for the easiest goal of his career.

Avro very nearly took the lead thanks to Ryan Pickford, who tried to cross it to Ellis but scuffed it and nearly caught the Llandudno keeper out.

The visitors were then inches away from that elusive third goal when Kane Wallwork was clattered by the Llandudno keeper just outside the box after getting a touch that rolled towards the Welsh side’s goal before they cleared it off the line.

Avro were really getting into their stride at this point with about 15 minutes to go, and only the visitors looked like scoring.

With just five minutes left in the game, Camara went through on goal and was taken down in the box.

The referee went over to his linesman who gave the penalty with Tuohy stepping up only to be denied by a strong save from the keeper.

Then, late in the piece, Avro intercepted a sloppy Llandudno pass, Wallwork received a cross and slotted it into the bottom corner to seal the win.

Avro are next in action at New Mills on Saturday.

In other pre-season action, Mossley were 6-2 winners at Chadderton on Monday night.