Heyside kept up their perfect start to the summer with a rain-affected victory against Swinton Moorside in the first round of the GMCL’s Derek Kay Cup.

The visitors posted 198-7 but Heyside were eight-wicket winners by DLS as they reached 151-2 in reply in less than 14 overs. Alcindo Holder, 45 from 18 balls, Tom Avery, 42 from 16, were the unbeaten pair that blitzed their side to victory.

There was a first win of the summer for Moorside in the competition having gone winless so far in league action.

Imran Khan took 5-12 as Stand were all out for 87, victory being completed for the loss of five wickets, Richard Harrington finishing unbeaten on 22.

Elsewhere, Greenfield went down to a four-wicket defeat at Brooksbottom.

The visitors were all out for 121, Jack Livesey making 42 as Michael Rawlins took 6-22. Brooksbottom then reached their revised target, finishing on 112-6.

Royton also tasted defeat by five wickets at Astley & Tyldesley after posting 218-4 batting first.

Former Lancashire and Leicestershire man Paul Horton finished unbeaten 86, with Ameya Bhaave making 58 but the hosts got over the line thanks in the main to 101 from Alex Heaton.

Harry Leghorn took 3-38 for Royton.

In the first round of the Championship Cup, Uppermill thrashed Tottington St John’s.

They dismissed their visitors for just 37, Mark Lees taking a remarkable 7-4 from his 6.4 overs with David Roberts mopping up the rest of the innings with 3-33.

Uppermill then completed a 10-wicket win inside six overs.

At the other end of the spectrum, Shaw piled on the runs in their win at Wythenshawe.

Lincoln Roberts top scored with 96 in their total of 282-7 batting first, the hosts then dismissed for just 128 for a 154-run victory.

Zawandi White led the way with the ball, taking 3-23.

Austerlands were also comfortable winners, by nine wickets at Adlington. Imran Rafiq took 4-31 as Adlington were all out for 194 and then made an unbeaten 54 in the successful chase, Adam Sunderland also finishing not out on 81.

All of Saturday’s GMCL league action was abandoned due to the wet weather.

An early decision was made with clubs unable to use clubhouses and changing rooms at the weekend due to Covid-19 restrictions.