LATICS are set for a first meeting with Sutton United next season.

The Gander Green Lane men were promoted to the EFL for the first time in their 123-year history with a 3-0 win over Hartlepool that saw them claim the National League title.

Rob Milsom, Louis John and Isaac Olaofe sent Sutton, who have former Latic Dean Bouzanis in goal, up with a commanding victory over their promotion rivals

It means 22 of the 24 teams in next season’s League Two are known with just the play-offs to come.

The National League finishes this weekend with Torquay, Stockport, Hartlepool, Notts County, Wrexham and Chesterfield currently occupying the play-off spots.

Bromley, Eastleigh and Halifax, managed by Royton-born ex-Oldham boss Pete Wild, are also still in the hunt.

As for League Two, Morecambe and Newport will play for a spot in League One on bank holiday Monday after winning through their semi-finals against Tranmere and Forest Green respectively.

Goals from Newport’s Kevin Ellison, Joss Labadie and Nicky Maynard might not have been enough to win a thrilling second leg but they were sufficient to take the Exiles through to the final 5-4 on aggregate.

“I am very proud,” said County boss Michael Flynn.

“It has been a very tough year both on and off the pitch. The circumstances we’re living in, people have lost lives and we’ve not been able to do the things that we’re used to doing.

“I am so proud of these players – we haven’t had a game called off due to Covid so that shows me how professional they have been.

“This is their reward now – a trip to Wembley and hopefully we can get the win against a good and dangerous Morecambe team.”

Shrimps boss Derek Adams was “so proud” of his side after they reached their first ever Football League play-off final with a 3-2 aggregate victory over Tranmere. Adams has taken the Shrimps from League Two strugglers to promotion contenders in 18 months and they held their nerve to stave off a strong second-half response from Rovers.

The Shrimps, who missed out on automatic promotion by one point on the final day, took a vital lead through Aaron Wildig in only the ninth minute of the game and held on after James Vaughan pulled one back to make it 1-1.

Adams said: “We got the all-important first goal and it looked like we would go on and win the game convincingly but Tranmere had other ideas.

“We dealt with it well overall and it is a tremendous win for us and a fantastic for the club to get through to the play-off final.

“We were disappointed to miss out on the final day of the season but this is a just reward for the effort the lads have put in all season and I’m so proud of everyone at the club.”